Judo Nova Scotia Safe Sport Commitment
Judo NS’s goal is to assure that all athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers participate in a safe and inclusive training and competitive atmosphere that is free of abuse, harassment and discrimination.
We are committed to creating this safe and inclusive environment that respects the participants personal goals and is free from all forms of Maltreatment.
- Signed the Coaches Association of Canada’s Responsible Coaching Movement pledge
- Adopted the Judo Canada Safe Sport Policy and Guidebook
- Created a Safe Sport Committe.
Our program aligns with our national federation Judo Canada and Safe Sport NS the governing agency for sport in NS. It focuses on three key areas: education, prevention, and action, supported by strong governance and policies.
- Judo Canada Safe Sport Guidebook
- ViaSport Safe Sport Conduct Summary
- Practice Judo Safely
- Rules of Two
Sport Accident Insurance
Judo NS, through its affiliation with Judo Canada, offers sport accidental insurance for registered Judokas. The detailed policy can be found on the Judo Canada Website.