2023 Canada Winter Games Coach Position Overview
Judo Nova Scotia is seeking two experienced, highly motivated, and passionate volunteer leaders to assume the roles of Female and Male Coach for the 2023 Canada Games team in Prince Edward Island start date ASAP.
- Assist the BOD with creating a team plan, including training camps, competitions, and athlete identification\selection.
- With the team manager, ensure all club coaches and athletes are advised of all Canada Games age activities and training camps.
- Be knowledgeable on all aspects of the Canada Games technical package.
- Demonstrate principles of sportsmanship, fair play, and respect for rules.
- Monthly reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Dedicates time to training camps\events, both local and out of province.
These positions are multi-year commitments and require volunteer coaches with a true love and appreciation for Judo and understand the role that the Canada Games plays in the growth and development of Judo in the province.
- NCCP Competition Development Certified -OR- NCCP Competition Development Certified 90 days prior to the 2023 Canada Games
- VIP Coach is an asset
- Criminal Records Check and Child Abuse Check
- First Aid certified
- Experience developing training plans and athlete performance tracking
- High level of communication and organization skills
Please submit a history of your Judo and coaching experience along with a short paragraph outlining your motivation to be part of the 2023 CWG coaching team to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00PM April 30, 2021
The Coaches will be selected by the Judo NS BOD and will be based on the following criteria that will be put up for discussion.
- Coaching experience
- Leadership skills
- Analysis of Coaching Style and Technical Skills
- Availability for regular training camps, competition, and travel