NOVA SCOTIA 2023 CANADA GAMES JUDO TEAM
JOB DESCRIPTION – TEAM MANAGER
The role of the Team Manager will be to provide leadership and logistical support to the athletes, coaches and parents of the Nova Scotia 2023 Canada Games Judo Team. The term of this volunteer position will run from (July 1st 2021) until the completion of all post-Games responsibilities, (March 31st 2023). The successful candidate will require a Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Must have proven ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Must have proven problem-solving abilities.
- Must have proven ability to develop and implement plans on time and within budget.
- Must have proven ability to complete administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Must have proven ability to multi-task in an efficient manner with minimal supervision.
- Must have good working knowledge of the sport of Judo and the Judo Canada Rules, as to how they pertain to competition.
- Be a registered member in good standing with Judo Nova Scotia.
- Must have flexible personal schedule to ensure availability as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enable the development of a positive rapport with athletes, coaches, parents, and Team Nova Scotia Mission Staff.
- Understand, communicate, and conduct herself/himself at all times by the 2023 Canada Games Team Mandate in her/his dealings with all athletes, coaches, parents and officials.
- Facilitate communication between coaches, athletes, parents and CWG Mission Staff.
- Facilitate communication with media for results, feature interviews, and a heightened awareness of the team provincially before, during and after the Games.
- Communicate all seminar schedules and arrangements to all athletes, coaches and parents in a timely manner.
- Attend meetings when required.
- Provide monthly updates to the Judo NS BOD.
- Identify issues relating to athletes, coaches and parents in a proactive manner and resolve through mediation and communication.
- Coordinate all 2023 Canada Games Judo Team functions, in coordination with the coaches, and Judo Nova Scotia.
- Facilitate and ensure that all required documentation is processed within established deadlines.
- Respond to administrative needs of athletes and coaching staff as required.
- Ensure that all team members, including coaching staff, are aware of, and participate in all Canada Games functions.
- Attend all mandatory Canada Games seminars, meetings etc.
- Attend the 2023 Canada Games in PEI and carry out all manager and chaperoning functions necessary at the Games.
- Participate in post Games reports and help develop and implement recommendations for future Games.
During Canada Games
- The manager and coaches are responsible and available for the athletes 24 hours a day from the time of departure to the Canada Games until returned to parents or guardians.
- Responsible for all health information and emergency contacts for all athletes and coaches.
- Responsible for attending Team Manager meetings and sharing information as necessary.
- Confirm with athletes on a daily basis their travel, practice and competition schedules, along with their wake up and meal times.
- Have daily contact with the assigned Mission Staff and collect mail at both the Mission Office of Team Nova Scotia and the Competition Venue
- Liaise with media as required.
- In the event of unacceptable behavior, you are expected to determine and administer the appropriate disciplinary measures and record such incidents in writing, signed by all parties involved.
SELECTION PROCESS FOR POSITION
Please submit, by email, a summary of your Judo background and work experience as it pertains to the duties listed above, to: email@example.com before 9:00PM – Wednesday, June 9th 2021.
The Judo Nova Scotia Board of Directors will review all applications and select the candidates that will move onto the interview stage. Experience and qualifications will determine which applicants will be contacted for an interview. Unfortunately, not all applicants will receive an invitation for an interview.
Once interviews are completed and reviewed, the Manager position will be selected by the Judo NS BOD.